- 1 cup Black Kavuni Rice (Available at our Daily Kneads Store)
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
STEPS TO PREPARE :
- To begin with, wash the rice and soak it by adding lots of water for around 8 hours. (A better option is to leave it overnight)
- Drain the water and add the rice to a pressure cooker and pour 3 cups of water to the rice (drained water can also be used). Cook it for 5 - 6 whistles, once the pressure seizes, open the lid of cooker.
- Add jaggery and cardamom powder to the rice. Mix and keep cooking in medium flame while mashing the mixture with a ladle.
- Add grated coconut to it and stir well to mix it all together. Cook until it becomes thick.
- Remove it from the flame and add in the ghee. Mix it well and serve warm.
Black Kavuni Rice is super healthy. The main reason for it being a superfood is the presence of anthocyanin which is a powerful antioxidant. Black rice is also rich in fibre and is a source of phytonutrients that helps in cleansing the body. This natural detoxifier also contains significant iron and protein.
The other Daily Kneads product range includes Traditional Rice, Speciality Flours and Porridge/Congee Mix. One step at a time towards a healthy and happy life!
Enjoy your dessert and do let us know if you have anymore such recipes !