Cupcakes are now one of the common desert seen for most of the celebration, welcoming a new employee, birthdays, christmas, anniversaries, baby shower, bridal shower, house warming and so on.
For those allergic to gluten or for people who have by choice avoided gluten, here we bring a recipe for gluten free cupcakes just as delicious as normal cupcakes.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, Beat cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cornflour and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4th full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cupcakes.
- Enjoy your gluten free cupcakes.
When you buy the corn flour please do ensure to buy the gluten free corn flour to make the cupcakes completely gluten free.
To make this more healthier, use our gluten free multipurpose flour GLEE available on our website, Flipkart and Amazon. It is made from Sorghum and Quinoa making it a 100% gluten free as well as healthy.
Recipe from Taste of Home